The 2011 Spring Season of Running: AMOK ends today with its final show at The Bonifant Theatre in Silver Spring, MD. The first two shows of Running: AMOK at The Bonifant were enjoyed by a host of local celebrities, including popular actress/rapper Princess of Controversy, producer DJ Monty, and singer Angela “Anonamas” Ballard who played … Continue reading
Meet the Playwright
The Music Man
Bad Ass Mamas Network
- Join the Director/Writer of Running: AMOK and Cast Members at Artscape for FREE Workshop
- Running: AMOK Music Director Derrick “D. Marq” Smith (Jan. 11, 1973-Dec.7, 2012)
- Join Us on Oct. 27, 2012 for A Creative’s Conversation
- FREE MP3 Downloads From Spring 2011 Production of Running: AMOK
- ‘Mama Belle’ on NPR with Running: AMOK Playwright
- Thank You For Making Our Spring 2011 Season a Success
- Tonight is the Last 2011 Spring Season Show of Running: AMOK
- DC’s Mover & Shakers Were Running: AMOK in DC
- Germano Traittoria Cabaret Show in Baltimore, MD Kicks-Off Spring Season of Running: AMOK
- Running: AMOK with the DC Commission on the Arts
- Countdown to Show Time!
- Running: AMOK Artist Q&A- Nia Simmons
- Party With the Cast of Running: AMOK
- Vote for the Show Flyer You Like Best!
- Running:AMOK Q & A: Déjà Belle
- Running: AMOK Artist Q&A – Rayona L.Young
- Thanks for Attending our 2011 Spring Season Preview Show!
- The DC Black Theatre Festival Co-Presents “Running: AMOK”
- Vocalist Nia Simmons Joins the Cast of Running: AMOK for the Spring 2011 Season
- Promotional Tour of Our Spring 2011 Season Kicked Off Last Night
- 7,833 hits
About The PlayRunning: AMOK was written in 2009 by performance artist Khadijah Ali-Coleman who wanted to bring to stage a story about the dirty and ugly of becoming a new mother, mixed in with the beautiful enlightenment that comes from chance meetings with kindred spirits. Partnering with musician Gary Young, Khadijah wrote lyrics and brought to Gary arrangements that he magically created beautiful accompaniment for. In 2010, the play opened in the 5th annual Capital Fringe Fest and enjoyed attendance from some of Washington DC's movers & shakers. In 2011, with the support of The DC Black Theatre Festival's founder Glenn Alan, and supportive sponsors like Onli Studios, TGAP, Thomas & Valarie Ashley and Karen Minors, Running: AMOK returns with an incredible cast of amazing singers & actresses and a new band performing during four of the five Spring season shows. Contact us at LiberatedMuseProductions@gmail for all booking information.
Watch on YouTube
Tell Us Your Own Personal Story of Running:AMOK
Running: AMOK Soundtrack
2010 Capital Fringe Festival